Apple just released iOS 7.1.2 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch for bug fixes and security updates.
The good news is that iOS 7.1.2 can be jailbroken using Pangu out of the box, so jailbreakers can safely update your iOS device to iOS 7.1.2, and use Pangu to jailbreak it.
Some important points before you proceed:
1. Please note Pangu is an untethered jailbreak for iOS 7.1, iOS 7.1.1 and iOS 7.1.2.
Pangu supports following iOS 7.1 – iOS 7.1.2 devices:
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S and iPhone 4
- iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2
- iPad mini, Retina iPad mini
- iPod touch 5G
2. Please disable the passcode as the jailbreak may fail, if the passcode is enabled (Settings -> General -> Passcode Lock On -> Turn Passcode Off).
3. Take a backup of your device using iTunes or iCloud before proceeding.
4. Please ensure you’ve updated iTunes to the latest version.
5. Please note that jailbreaking your iOS device may void your warranty and hence proceed with caution and at your own risk.
Step 1: Download the latest version of Pangu jailbreak for Mac or Windows
Pangu 1.0.0 [Windows]
Or from official website http://pangu.io/
Mac users: Double click on the Pangu dmg file you just downloaded to mount it.
Windows users: Launch the Pangu exe file as an Administrator. Right Click on the Pangu exe and select the “Run as Administrator” option.
Step 3: You should be presented with a screen like the one seen below. Click on the black Jailbreak button.
Step 4: Follow the on-screen instructions. The app will ask you at one point to set your iOS device to June 2nd. To do this, go to Settings -> General -> Date & Time.
Step 5: After you change the date, it should restart the process and install the Pangu app on your iOS device.
Step 6: Tap on the Pangu app on the Home screen of your device when prompted to continue with the jailbreak process. You will get a warning message, which will ask you whether you are “sure you want to open the Application “Pangu” from Developer “iPhone Distribution: Hefei Bo Fang communication technology co., LTD?”. Tap on the Continue button to continue with the jailbreak process.
Step 7: Wait for your device to reboot several times. After a few minutes you should see that you have Cydia on your home screen and you’ll be ready to start installing tweaks on iOS 7.1.2. You can also revert back to set the time automatically via the Settings app.